This hearty, asian inspired dish is the perfect posh nosh - guaranteed to impress your dinner guests!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- JUST ADD Ginger™
- 3 Spring onions
- 5-10 stems of broccoli
- 200-300g venison steaks
- 1 ½ tbspn vegetable oil
For the Marinade:
- 1 table spoon soy sauce
- 2 table spoons Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon cornflour
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 50ml chicken stock
- Chop the spring onions
- Chop the broccoli into thirds, blanch them in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Slice the venison steaks into large chunks, put them in a mixing bowl and add all of the marinade ingredients except the cornflour. Massage the mixture into the meat using your hands until they are well coated. Add the cornflour and keep massaging until everything is well combined. For a better depth of flavour, marinade overnight in the fridge.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 table spoon of vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat until smoking hot. JUST ADD a teaspoon of ginger and half of the spring onions and stir fry for 1 minute until the onions have softened.
- Move the onions and ginger to one side of the wok, add the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil and return to smoking point. Add the venison, cover with the ginger and spring onions and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli, pour over the sauce and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring continuously, for a further 30 seconds. Spoon onto a plate, sprinkle over the remaining spring onion and serve.
Share this recipe: