Red Lentil & Chilli Soup
This deliciously warming soup is perfect on a winter's day! Serve with generous chunks of crusty bread for the ultimate comfort food.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tsp JUST ADD™ Garlic
- 2 tsp JUST ADD™ Chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion – peeled and diced
- 150g red lentils
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 1 x 225g tin chickpeas (drained)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper
- Natural yogurt to serve
- Toast the cumin seeds in a large pan for 2-3 minutes before adding the oil and onion. Add 1 teaspoon of Just Add Garlic and 2 teaspoons of Just Add Chilli, and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Stir in the lentils, then pour in the tomatoes and stock and mix well. Bring to the boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the lentils have swollen.
- Remove from the heat and using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Replace onto the heat and stir in the chickpeas and coriander, and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with a swirl of yoghurt.
Share this recipe: