PREP COOK SERVES
5 MIN 30 MIN 4
- 1 tsp. Just Add Garlic Purée
- 2 tsp. Just Add Chilli Purée
- 2 tbsp. Just Add Coriander Purée
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 150g red lentils
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 1 x 225g tin chickpeas, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Natural yogurt to serve
- Toast the cumin seeds in a large pan for 2-3 minutes before adding the oil and onion. Add the Garlic and Chilli Purée, and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Stir in the lentils, then pour in the tomatoes and stock and mix well. Bring to the boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the lentils have swollen.
- Remove from the heat and using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Return to the heat and stir in the chickpeas and coriander, and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with a swirl of yoghurt.
Have you tried this recipe or been inspired to create your own?
Share your food photos on Instagram and tag us @justaddofficial #justadd!