Spicy Turkey Burgers with Red Pepper Salsa
Turkey is a great lean meat, and these burgers are great for a summer BBQ!
Prep Time: 15 minutes (plus chilling time)
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tsp JUST ADD™ Garlic
- 2 tsp JUST ADD™ Ginger
- 3 tsp JUST ADD™ Chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion – peeled and finely diced
- 75g chestnut mushrooms finely diced
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 brioche buns
- Salad leaves
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan and add the cumin seeds, onion, mushrooms, Just Add™ Ginger and Just Add™ Garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes until softened, then remove from the heat and place into a bowl.
- Add the turkey mince, beaten egg and Just Add™ Chilli into the bowl and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into burgers and chill for 20 minutes. While these are chilling, prepare the salsa.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a high heat, then cook the burgers for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Toast the cut sides of the bread rolls.
- Place the burgers onto the bun with a little salad. Top with the salsa and serve.
For the Salsa:
- 1 tsp JUST ADD™ Basil
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ small red onion
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Zest of half a lemon
- Deseed, destalk and finely dice the red pepper.
- Peel and finely dice the red onion.
- Dice the tomatoes
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl with the balsamic vinegar, lemon zest and Just Add™ Basil and mix together.
Share this recipe: